Table salt is the most common and preferred of all the condiments that we use in cooking. It even holds a special place on our dinner table. However, this white table salt is very unhealthy because it has been processed heavily and bleached, stripped of its nutrients and loaded up with fillers. This type of salt is not natural and would be considered a freak of nature. Sea salt is no healthier because it contains all of the poisons that accumulate at the bottom of the oceans. REAL salt, on the other hand, is extremely healthy and contains minerals that provide energy and function to our body’s cells. Most importantly, pink Himalayan salt benefits blood pressure and common mineral deficiencies, which are a huge problem for the first world.
Use as Much REAL Salt as You Want
“Real” salt encompasses the quality of salt in naturally mined salt crystals, Celtic salt, and Himalayan salt.
Himalayan salt is my most recommended natural product for treating allergies and many other health conditions. It’s hard for me to come up with a condition that natural salt does not treat.
Pink Himalayan salt is mined from the caves in the mountains in the Himalayas. It has been untouched by man AND nature, so it is pure and free of toxic environmental compounds that may adversely affect your body.
This salt is pink due to the nutrient mineral content inside of it. In fact, Himalayan salt contains 84 minerals that can support weight loss, balancing of hormones and the elimination of waste from cells. You can even put some of this salt in a bowl and it will improve the air quality of your room. It also makes a beautiful decoration.
What’s great about this salt is that it’s actually very healthy due to its nutrient content. Table salt only contains one mineral, sodium, which has been linked to high blood pressure, heart disease, weight gain, and disease. (1)
Mineral Deficiencies are Very Common and Likely Cause Your Health Conditions
Himalayan salt contains 84 essential minerals that will cover ALL bases when it comes to possible mineral deficiencies in your body. Even the freshest vegetables only contain up to 20 essential minerals and most of the food you eat only has a small percentage of calcium, magnesium and maybe
phosphorous. A lot of us are deficient in these already, so it would be a breath of fresh air for your body if you ate pure and natural salt the way that our ancestors evolved to consume it.
Some symptoms of mineral deficiency include:
- Heart problems. Minerals are electrolytes that help the rhythm and strength of the physical electricity that pumps your heart to transport energy and nutrients to your cells.
- Brain problems. Minerals make up the foundation for a lot of the neurotransmitters that help your brain function in many ways including proper and quick thought processing, pattern recognizing, awareness, good mood, quality sleep, relaxation, anxiety relief, and much more.
- Waste buildup in your cells. If your body does not have a proper detoxification system, human cells have evolved to bioaccumulate excess waste in your blood, meaning it is stored in their until your body has the ability to get rid of it. Unfortunately, many people living now are stuck in a constant state of toxicity because their cells are unable to get rid of waste. This buildup creates an endless possibility for health problems from acne to cancer.
- Improper digestive function. Like your heart, your intestines use muscle contractions from electricity to help push contents through. If the proper amount and variety of electrolyte are not present in your bloodstream, you will suffer from uncomfortable conditions like constipation, poor nutrient absorption, and bacterial overgrowth.
- Poor immune function. Your body uses minerals as a foundation for many of the immune cells that help fight off disease. If you have a deficiency in one or more minerals, you could easily be susceptible to pathogenic infection. Dangerous and parasitic bacteria, yeast, viruses, and worms can more easily invade your body and further deplete your supply of nutrients.
Health Conditions Affect Each Other
A perspective on health can believe that all symptoms and diseases affect one another. The way your body works is like a domino effect because all your cells work together. For example, your dry skin may contribute to your insomnia, which can contribute to heart disease.
The best way to prevent disease is by supporting your foundation for health: nutrition.
Pink Himalayan Salt Benefits Blood Pressure
Table salt is sodium chloride—we all know that. But while sodium is an essential mineral, in excess it can be very deadly. The electrolytes of your body work together in a sort of balance that helps your cells function properly.
The root cause of heart problems and high blood pressure comes from the sodium-potassium channel in all of your cell membranes. If your body is too high in one of these electrolytes, you can have serious problems like cell bloating, heart rhythm problems and high or low blood pressure. (2)
The poor diets that we eat now that are filled with process and salt as a preservative that throw this electrolyte balance out of whack. The see-saw is way too heavy on the sodium side.
If we all tracked how much sodium versus potassium we get, we’d notice that we get WAY too much sodium when compared to potassium. The amounts should be the same if you want optimal health.
Even the healthiest of people will have problems getting a balance of sodium and potassium. This is because salt is added in so many foods to preserve them, restaurants add salt excessively to improve taste and pleasure quality of their foods, and then we add more on top of that because it’s on every dinner table.
Potassium is found in high amounts in pink Himalayan salt as well as other sources:
- Spinach and other leafy greens
- All vegetables
- Sweet Potato
- Coconut products
These foods high in potassium, as well as natural salt, should be consumed in our daily diet to balance out the excess sodium we are very likely to get.
Potassium is an electrolyte that is very important for heart health. The root cause of heart disease, the number one cause of death, is an imbalance between potassium and sodium. You may recognize the symptoms of potassium deficiency because they are very common:
- Heart flutter or palpitations
- High or low blood pressure
- Abdominal bloating
- Weakness, tiredness, or cramping
- Acne or dry skin
- Excessive thirst and urination
- Mental decline
- Low energy
- Numbness or tingling
- Charlie horses
The best way to combat potassium deficiency is to eliminate excess sodium in your diet from table salt and processed foods.
Himalayan salt contains much more potassium than sodium so that it will adequately balance your electrolytes in a healthy way. (3)
You can consume as much Himalayan salt as you want for this reason. It tastes the same if not better than regular salt anyway!
Other Pink Himalayan Salt Benefits
The rich mineral content of Himalayan salt make it a wonder for your health. It really doesn’t come closer to the “fountain of youth” than this. When you add this natural salt to food, you can enjoy the benefits of this nutrient-dense flavor enhancer in place of unhealthy table salt, including:
- Maintaining a strong heartbeat with normal blood pressure. This will help your circulatory system immensely. This salt is recommended for people with high blood pressure.
- Gets rid of excess acid in your blood. Electrolytes promote proper osmosis in cells while regular table salt will cause bloating. This salt is especially important for waste removal in your brain cells.
- Maintains proper insulin levels. People with diabetes will definitely benefit from this salt.
- Your body will experience hydroelectric energy after consuming natural salt. A great alternative to energy drinks and coffee.
- Heals nerve ending for proper communication between cells for information processing.
- Helps the digestive system properly absorb nutrients and move things through.
- Helps allergies and asthma by maintaining proper histamine levels and eliminating mucus that can cause many problems for your respiratory and digestive system.
- Minerals provide for more rejuvenating sleep.
- Helps repair arthritis and aching joints.
- Minerals help relax and calm anxiety and prevents depression.
Overall, these pink Himalayan salt benefits come from the natural salt’s ability to promote proper and natural hydration to our cells. Diets high in sodium from processed food have led our bodies toward forgetting how natural health feels and it will start to decline from illness and disease. (4)
I am always here for you, so if you have a question or something to add about pink Himalayan salt benefits for blood pressure and mineral deficiencies, please let me know in the comments!
Talk to you soon,